From the next fiscal year, that is from today, a lot of things of your daily needs as well as things of your comfort are going to get dearer.
During the presentation of Budget 2017-18, Finance Minister hiked custom and excise duty on some, while it has been reduced on some products which will eventually lead to commodities getting costlier or cheaper.
Here is a list of things that will become dearer from April 1, 2017
- Pan masala
- Paper-rolled handmade bidis
- Chewing tobacco
- LED lamp components
- Cashew nuts (roasted and salted)
- Aluminum ores and concentrates
- Polymer coated MS tapes used in manufacturing of optical fibres
- Silver coins and medallions
- Apart from this, you will have to pay more premiums for car, motorcycle and health insurance from April 1 as Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority (IRDAI) has given a green signal to insurers for a commission revision for agents.
- Here is a list of products that will get cheaper from April 1, 2017
- Booking railway tickets online
- RO membrane elements for household usage
- Solar tempered glass used in solar panels
- Fuel cell based power generating systems
- Wind operated energy generator
- Vegetable tanning extracts used in making leather products
- POS machines card and fingerprint readers
- Group insurance for Defence services