echo ''; Clamorworld » In everyday life every one of us comes across various experiences, incidents which we either don’t share with anyone or share with family members and friends. Print media, electronic media and various medium shows the news, but its ends up showing one sided of the story. We never come to know the other side of story. With so much happening every day, every second across our neighborhood, society, and world it’s difficult for the news media to cover all the news. Many times we have felt wish we could share our voice, opinion, thoughts with the world. Many a times we have felt the frustration, anger and helplessness for not being able to do anything about an incident. Have you ever felt, for a good cause, you need support, but don’t know how to garner the support and attention. So, now you have an option “www.Clamorworld.com“. This is a platform to share everything you want to. A website 100% runs by the people for the people. The world is waiting to listen to your voice, the voice which has kept you suppressed so far. If you do not want to share the incident, event personally, please send it to us at contact@clamorworld.com, and we will share it on your behalf and assure to keep your name confidential. Let’s make this world a peaceful and a happy place to live. » Sikkim standoff: India ‘believes’ China won’t risk even a ‘small-scale military operation’ despite aggressive rhetoric from Beijing

Sikkim standoff: India ‘believes’ China won’t risk even a ‘small-scale military operation’ despite aggressive rhetoric from Beijing

 

Despite the tension between the two nations, along with the aggressive rhetoric from Beijing, increasing with every passing day over the military standoff in Sikkim sector, India’s security apparatus is certain that China will not risk a war or even a “small-scale military operation”. 

Times of India, in its report, cited sources in the security establishment saying that a “face-saving” workable option is both for India and China to simultaneously withdraw their troops from the Doklam area near the Sikkim-Bhutan-Tibet tri-junction.

They, however, added that in case the situation worsens to a skirmish or battle, the Indian Army is well-poised with “fully acclimatised troops” and “an enhanced border management posture” to prevent “any misadventure” by the People’s Liberation Army (PLA).

India has been repeatedly stressing that war is not a solution to the ongoing border standoff, with External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj last week telling the Parliament that bilateral dialogue, patience and “bhasha saiyam” (language restraint) was the way forward to diffuse tensions.

“Both countries do not want a conflict. A tactical operation by the Chinese border guards and PLA to construct a motorable road at Doklam (physically blocked by Indian soldiers on June 18) went awry, with the consequent strategic fall-out. Mutual troop pull-back or re-adjustment is the face-saver,” a source was quoted by Times of India as saying. 

On the contrary, China is yet to sound conciliatory, at least in its public stance. 

Even the seventh edition of the annual “hand-in-Hand” exercise between the Indian Army and PLA, which was to be held in China in October, is likely to be called off amid the border standoff. “Even the exercise’s initial planning conference, leave alone the final one, has not been held despite reminders to China,” said a source. 

A source from the security establishment said that the Chinese troops at the face-off site are backed by around 1,500 PLA soldiers.

 

While there are some verbal and loudspeaker exchanges in a non-aggressive manner, an accidental escalation remains a big worry.

“Our soldiers are, in any case, deployed at border outposts. The PLA, which does not man posts like our troops because China has better roads for quick deployment, moved forward its soldiers only after the face-off began in mid-June,” said the source. 

Leave a reply