You will stop using scented candles after this! – Watch video

Who doesn’t like scented candles? We love to use them around the house on special occasions, for example, when guests are visiting, to prepare for a romantic dinner date at your place, or simply to create a warm ambience.

For some, scented candles provide a calming, relaxing atmosphere and is soothing for those who are stressed out. For instance, during aromatherapy, scented candles are used to make the person feel at ease.

But will you still use them if we tell you how harmful they are? Yes, you probably may want to think twice before lighting them up.

According to a study, scented candles contain dangerous ingredients/chemicals which are harmful to human health.

The research suggests that scented candles contain a common ingredient used to give candles their scent, called limonene.

Limonene is normally used to give the candles a citrusy fragrance. You may have smelt it before in air fresheners, and cleaning products.

But when burned, limonene turns into formaldehyde, which is highly toxic and its levels are alarming.

Formaldehyde is thought to be carcinogenic and is known to be corrosive, poisonous, and combustible.

Exposure to it can damage our respiratory tracts and cause sore throats, nosebleeds, coughs, and a burning, stinging sensation in eyes.

The video you are about to watch, will do a better job of explaining the dangers of lighting scented candles at home. Have a look!

 

Leave a reply