A tale of SPORTING TRIUMPH
MUKTA Advertising proudly presents the Vadodara International Half Marathon (VIHM) of 21.1 kms and is the most celebrated annual sporting event of Vadodara City.
In its 5th Edition this year, the Vadodara Marathon has long come to stand for the quintessential values of our vibrant city, enthusiasm, tradition and energy.
The Vadodara Marathon is accredited by the Association of International Marathons and Distance Running (AIMS) and is recognized by the Baroda District Amateur Athletics Association (BDAAA) and the Athletics Federation of India (AFI).
Only Marathon to be flagged off all 4 times by Hon. PM (then CM) Shri. Narendra Modi.
The Vadodara International Half Marathon is in its 5th edition in 2016. The VIHM is a multi-distance athletic event with opportunities for amateurs and professionals alike. Registrations for the last edition was over 43,000 with categories in the 21.1, 15, 5 and 1 km runs held along different routes of Vadodara city.
Vadodara Marathon is a Section 25 company incorporated under the Company’s Act 1956.
The marathon is affiliated to the Association of International Marathons and Distance Races. It is also coined as the Small City, Biggest Marathon
Participation of runners has increased to 30,000. This includes national and international athletes
It provides a platform for a wide cross section of citizens of all ages to come together for sports and a common civic / social cause
RUN UP EVENTS
Almost as favored as the run itself, run-up events are pre-race events held to gather public support and showcase the cause of each year’s marathon. Run up events have helped the Vadodara International Half Marathon become an event that involves every citizen at intervals thereby promoting more participation every year. The Run up events have been visited by the doyens of the sporting world and have become a tradition in itself.
- World’s Longest Canvas Painting Guinness Record Certified with 8,130 child participants was held in 2009.
- India’s Sprint Queen PT Usha was present at the Citizen’s Torch Run in 2013.
- In 2013, The Queen’s Run had a participation of 6,000 women, who came out in their strides to signify a Safe City for women.
- Sangeet Sandhya with the Maharaja Late. Sri Ranjitsinhji Gaikwad in 2012.
- The Laser show in 2009 was attended by over 40,000 people.
2016: EXPANDING HORIZONS
The Vadodara International Half Marathon 2016 comes this year in a bigger and wider incarnation. Recognized as the single largest International Half Marathon in Gujarat, the 5th Edition will incorporate the participation of runners from the neighboring towns, cities and many NRIs (Nonresident Indians).
On board the Organizing Committee this year, are runner’s clubs, racing aficionados and marathoners from the cities of Surat, Anand, Halol, Bharuch, Ankhleshwar, Padra and Jambusar.
Besides runners from Gujarat, the marathon will invite professional participants from across the country and abroad.
The Pro International Category for both men and women will have international runners vying for glory.
2016: MAKING A DIFFERENCE
The Vadodara International Half Marathon believes in giving back to the city the same support it has received from its citizens. It has been our custom to associate with issues dealing with social welfare of the city.
This year too, the VIHM2016 pledges to spread awareness and support for such community initiatives.
The VIHM 2016 pledges support to the Hon. Prime Minister’s vision of a Swacch Bharat by year 2019. We join hands with VMSS to take forward the Swacch Vadodara mission in our city.
The VIHM 2016 supports the cause of women empowerment through IT Skill Development initiatives in an around Vadodara city.
Vadodara Traffic Education Trust, which educates traffic volunteers to assist and provide service to Vadodara Traffic police is being supported by the VIHM 2016.
VIHM supports individual pledges for associate Supporting Charities and NGOs.
2016: RUN UP EVENTS
- Marathon Fitness Clinics: Fitness clinics will be conducted by trainers and yoga gurus every weekend across the city. These clinics will train participants in marathon exercises, running techniques and diet.
- Tweetathon: The longest chain of tweets will be made to build up the participation of the Vadodara International Half Marathon.
- Flash Mobs: Flash Mobs will perform at various popular spots in the city to encourage participation in the VIHM 2016
- Swacch Bharat: With the Swacch Bharat mission being closest to our hearts, our activities will be centered to promote the message through the spirit of running.
- Queen’s Run: ‘Vadodara is a safe city for women.’- This unique run for women will once again highlight the cause of women empowerment and create awareness on Breast Cancer.
“This year VIHM is more focused on fitness instead of entertainment. We want Baroda to be fit. This year’s VIHM is not only for social causes but for self-interest, taking responsibility for the city,” said Miss. Tejal Amin, Chairperson – Organizing Committee.
The mission of VIHM 2016 includes:
- Swatchhta Abhiyan – My Clean City, My Marathon.
- Women empowerment – My Pride, My Marathon.
- Vadodara Traffic education trust – My Safety, My Marathon.
- IT skill development – My Development, My Marathon.
Moreover, VIHM aims at getting more youngsters run in the marathon, instilling a sense of pride and belonging to the city and also improving fitness levels of people across all age groups.
Like the previous years, the 5th edition of the VIHM will also be flagged off by the Hon. Chief Minister of Gujarat. We are happy that the first woman Chief Minister of our state Smt. Anandiben Patel has given her consent to flag off this year’s event.
The 5th edition of VIHM carries total prize money of Rs. 24 Lakhs spread across various categories as highlighted in the attached sheets.
REGISTERING AND RUNNING
The Vadodara International Half Marathon is a test of a runner’s competitive spirit and physical endurance. We welcome all athletes, professional and amateur to vie for a place in racing glory.
Registration fees for VIHM 2016 are as follows: Approximately
· Rs. 1,000/- for 21.1 Kms Half Marathon CAD $21
· Rs. 750/- for 15 Kms Run CAD $16
· Rs. 450/- for 5 Kms Swachchta Run CAD $10
“This year the Non Resident Indians (NRIs) to register and sponsor for their city as a gesture of giving back to the city. Doing something in the spirit of betterment of their home town. Above mentioned are the causes we want to work on,” appeals Miss Amin.
“This year one of our citizen is running with an individual pledge – for every Kilometer he runs he has a sponsor who will donate things to the needy,” adds Miss Amin, with sincere compassion for Vadodara.
VIHM 2016 seeks your participation and you can register at the Vadodara Marathon office or online at www.vadodaramarathon.com or http://in.bookmyshow.com/sports/vadodara-international-half-marathon/ Registrations will close on 28th January, 2016.
For more information on registration or sponsorship package or media interviews please contact MUKTA Advertising at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1.416.71MUKTA (716.8582).