The objective of Voluntary Youth Organization for Motivation (VYOM registered NGO in 2010) is to improve quality of life of a needy individual through people participation. The focus of VYOM is to establish a strong volunteer network for various causes of Youth, Children, physically/specially challenged, Women & Senior citizens. VYOM also provide platform to various NGO to maximize their potential. VYOM activities revolve around primary education, holistic development, empowering the underprivileged by skill enhancement and generate awareness through projects. This is based clearly to empower sustainable prosperity of an individual.
“Aarambh” is the brain child of VYOM, a fashion show bringing together special category people in the city of Ahmedabad. This event will be an eye opener as it celebrates the spirit of the people facing different disabilities. For the first time, it would give differently abled participants, an opportunity to walk on the ramp with designer clothes, scheduled for the 9th March 2019.
“Determination has no disability” said Tushar Unadkat, the Guest of Honor for Aarambh this year, an internationally acclaimed, multiple award-winning media personality from Canada.
The event will be an eye opener as it celebrates the spirit of the people facing different disabilities. As the event focuses on accessibility and fashion it is bound to attract people from all walks of life. The event has been welcomed by the fashion institutes (Sky Blue, Amor and INIFD Ahmedabad) and active participation from models that face challenges in everyday life in Ahmedabad.
“We want to create a space by providing differently able an opportunity to Equality and Inclusion and create a niche for them and walk with their heads held high,” said Dolcy Simon, Founder & Trustee VYOM.
“The Fashion show is an initiative, conceived for those whose vision runs beyond the skin, who find beauty in humble smiles, shaky walks & blank towards sound. It’s an initiative to discover talent beyond intelligence of an individual in the field of fashion & clothing,” she adds with pride.
This would be an innovative Fashion Show, first‐of‐its‐kind in Ahmedabad with following features:
• 50 Designers will get an opportunity to sensitize the common people for issues faced by the differently able through their designer assessable clothesline.
• Provides an opportunity to equality/inclusion and help them to walk with their heads held high.
• Assures you that they will steal the spotlight not because of their wheelchairs, canes or for being hearing impaired but because of their determination.
• 50 participants with various disability such as hearing impaired, intellectually challenged, physically challenged and cerebral palsy, Arm Amputee individuals will participate challenging their own self.
• AARAMBH hopes to create a miracle of determination & courage to give imbibe thoughts of self respect and pride in the minds of the disabled.
Aim of this show is to sensitize people on accessibility and inclusion.
In the city of Ahmedabad disabled community remain confined to their homes; as any attempt on their part to travel or enter buildings, parks, bus, malls, theaters, etc. can be unsafe and humiliating. Through our Fashion Show we want people to know now it’s time for action. We need the common man to be aware about the following and help in making Ahmedabad a barrier free city.
• To create public awareness about the problems and potential of the persons who are differently abled.
• To make the city accessible. Space that allows for free and safe movement and function,
• To promote respect towards those who are disabled and make them more acceptable in the society by changing people’s conservative and apathetic mindsets.
AARAMBH supports & believes that disabilities should not get their way & makes a bold fashion statement of thinking beyond boundaries and saluting the model’s determination and courage in all walks of life.
For more information about the event please or the organization, please visit http://vyom.org.in/